Tuesday, June 26, 2007

motherhood


the title of a 'Mother' comes with various responsibilities, numerous expectations, countless sacrifices, unexpected undertakings and full of surprises.
i never understood more about motherhood until i was blessed with a child... and i know, there are more to learn.
first, i learnt that pregnancy is different to every individuals. one of my ex-bosses used to look down on pregnant mums who easily get sick. who are unable to be independent... to me, each one of us mum-to-be will have our own share of experience. some will experience very easy pregnancy, some very difficult ones. so, my ex-boss has no right to judge others. (by the way, just found out that she's pregnant for 2nd time and she is very 'sick' - not so tough herself)
anyway, let's move on....
secondly, i learnt that delivering the baby also another chapter in motherhood. i had a tough one, 10 hours in labour room, bearing the labour pain. gosh, even my husband can't stand looking at me trying to go through it.
thirdly, i learnt that newborns are not so cute... hehheheh they are very... small... and fragile... and my son had his experience living in the incubator.. he was already suffocated in the womb. God is Great, he recovered very fast.
fourthly, growing up with my son taught me many lessons about life. how to be more patience... how to shop not for yourself but for him (wonder how he did that)... how to lose your mind worrying whenever he is sick... how to wonder why sometimes he wants to sleep with the nanny and not you...
however, the biggest lesson i learnt is that my son is one of the wonderful things that happen to me. and motherhood makes me want to be a better person...

No comments: