Tuesday, January 8, 2008

my inspiration

in my life, there are few people that i look up at... they inspire me. they make me want to make better changes. they motivate me. they have special places in me heart...

one of them is my Grandpa - whom I call ABAH.

i was brought up with my grandparents. i was spoilt by my nenek, not my Abah. but Abah firmness and strict rules help me to grow up to be a person.
he did not come from a well to do family. he fell in love with my grandma and married her. thereafter, he supported his family and my grandma's siblings. due to his high motivation to make a change in his life, he left the family in kelantan to go to negeri sembilan... what was he doing there, you might ask - he merantau to learn about construction from a chinese company in N9. nonetheless, he never fail to support his family in kelantan (i think my dad was about 7-8 years old).
after he got enuf knowledge and experience, he returned to kelantan to start a small biz on construction. over hard years, with strong will, motivation, support from family... he is now a class A contractor. well established.
but Abah that i know, never forget where he came from. he is still a humble person but full of dignity and proud. proud of what he has achieved but feels he still has a lot to do.
today, he may not as strong as he was before, but his spirit is still there. and his wife, sons, daughters and the rest of the clan are standing right behind him - supporting him all the way!

Abah, your story will always inspire me...

No comments: