Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Maid or Me?

hmm... to maid or not to maid?

what can we afford? define 'afford'....

can we afford the $$$?
or can we afford the problems that may arise when u have a maid?
or can we afford the time NOT TO HAVE maid?

recently, there were many issues raised with regards to having maids...

there are few relevant and of course, to my opinion, mostly are CRAP!

the nation was shocked by abusive behaviour 'certain employer' portrays, BUT not all cases are like that. and obviously, we also heard how we, the ever-so-nice-employers being cheated, manipulated by them. mana cerita2 ni?? sapa lak nak bela kita2 ni???

ok, back to my topic --- maid or me?

this is different issue actually ehehhe

how do u choose to raise ur children? by yourself or partially you and partially your maid?
nowadays, especially for working moms, it is not so easy not to have maid. if takde maid pun, children are send top nursery. no choice, right? if tak kerja mana cukup duit.

it is a dilemma...

i believe, most of mothers wanna raise their children on their own. my experience with my first son... most of his time since baby was with maid (cos i always worked until night). he grew soooo attached with the maid - it annoyed me!!
but what choice do i have? basically, most of my free time were either at nights and weekends and of course, i need time for myself as well. i felt bad everytime i scolded my son and i felt sad everytime he asked for bibik instead of me. but again, what choice do i have??

so, i started 'bribing' my son with toys and chocs and anything that he wanted, basically. it was not a healthy practise... but again, what choice do i have???

actually i have a choice... but it will make my life more difficult at first. i let go of my work. i chose to work on my own, which means my time is flexible - but my income is also flexible.... frankly, it is still kais pagi makan pagi for us. but i found better connection with both my sons.

i breastfeed my second son and amended my relationship with my first born. i send him to school everyday, i teach him whatever i could err... i dont cook cos ... (ini cerita lain ok...)

financial wise, we are still struggling. i had tough lessons of my own... and of course, i am more sensitive when it comes to $$ issues. but, i am working my way thru and my only hope is for my second half to understand unconditionally when others stand and judge. that is my ONLY hope....

so... i still need maid but i will make sure i raise my children. so the maid just pick up the mess along the way....

No comments: